HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baked Red Potato Chips


These chips are SO good.  I mean really really good.  They taste like chips out of a bag but without deep frying.  I kid you not.  You must try these chips!

This week's CSA box just happened to have some lovely red potatoes in it.  Also check out the yellow carrots and that gigantic bunch of basil (on the left).  I made tomato basil soup with some of it last night.  But back to today, I used all of the potatoes (6) for the chip recipe this evening.

Baked Red Potato Chips
6 red potatoes, sliced thin
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 425 (I used a convection oven).
2. Slice the potatoes as thin as you can but try to be consistent.  Put them in a medium sized bowl and add the olive oil.  Massage the olive oil into the potato slices to evenly distribute.
3. Place the potato slices on a baking rack with a tray or cookie sheet underneath.  This is key because the baking rack allows the air to circulate so the chips get crisp instead of soggy.
4. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until they are nice and crispy.


I was surprised at how much like regular chips these were.  I know I said before that I enjoyed roasted turnip chips, but I think they would have been much better if I'd used this baking rack technique.  I plan on baking all my chips (except maybe kale chips) in this new way.  It is genius!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I made some yesterday and they did not turn out this lovely. I am doing this today. GREAT food photography!

    ReplyDelete