HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, January 18, 2013

Fisher Price Friday - Splash & Stack Bluebird


It's tub time today on Fisher Price Friday.  I'd love to introduce this happy little bird, the Splash & Stack Bluebird #167.  It was made from 1983-1989 and is designed for children ages 9 months to 3 years old.  However, I can vouch that it is happily used by my 5 year old as well as the toddler.  Kids love bath toys!

The bluebird is made up of 5 pieces that stack on each other.  Each piece can be used differently for water play.  The head piece has a beak that works as a pour spout.  The white cup has feathers that can be used as a handle and holes in the bottom to strain water through (3 holes).  The orange "nest" cup has many holes on the bottom to strain water through.  The bottom blue bowl has wing handles on each side.  Last but not least is the plastic baby bird that squeaks and can also squirt out water.

The orange nest goes into the blue bowl.

The white cup sits ontop of the orange nest and the baby bird rests inside the cup.

The bottom of the blue base has the cutest little bird feet molded into it.  It also has the toy number and Fisher Price label.

Love the baby bird and its momma.  Too cute!

The bird fits in nicely with our other jumbo bath toys.  More on those another day.

4 comments:

  1. yea, that's very desrciptive, but how much is it worth, missing the small yellow bird that is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what this toy is worth. You could check out eBay to see if they have any. I don't see them for sale very often, especially a complete set.

      Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Are you selling this set? I had one as a kid and was trying to find one for my boys. I don't even care if it doesn't have the bird in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello C'ineM. No this set hasn't been for sale in my shop. I rarely come across them myself and never complete sets. Sadly my bird head broke a few months ago, the (old) plastic was actually pretty brittle and cracked when it hit our tile floor. We still use it but it's not the same! I hope you come across one for yourself soon. I did see one on Etsy for $30, search for Fisher Price Bath Toy and you'll see it.

      Delete