HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crockpot Quinoa Chicken Chili


I should have called this frozen ingredient chili.  I added frozen beans, frozen corn and frozen chicken.  Talk about easy prep!  It only took me about 7 minutes to assemble everything in the crockpot.  The recipe got a thumbs up from my husband and 5 year old, although my husband did lament that some of the texture of the quinoa was lost b/c it became soft after cooking all day.  Next time I make this recipe I may just cook the quinoa separately and then add it at the end.  I'll let you know if it works better.

Crockpot Quinoa Chicken Chili
Ingredients
1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
One (1) 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
4 cups frozen black beans (see recipe here) or 2 16oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups of frozen corn (or 1 can of corn, drained)
3.5 Cups chicken stock
2 large chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp chili powder

Directions
1. Place all of the ingredients into your crockpot (slow cooker) and cook for 8-9 hrs on low (less if you don't use frozen chicken).
2. Once the chicken is cooked shred it with a fork.  Add salt to taste.
3. Top with cheese and sour cream or any other topping that sound good.

this recipe was inspired by a recipe on queen bee coupons

No comments:

Post a Comment