HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chia Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe


I haven't talked about Chia recipes in a while.  I still love Chia and have been making puddings and smoothies but didn't have any new recipes to share, until now.  I found this recipe on kellird.com which is a great recipe blog by a local dietitian and nutritionist.  It is a vegan recipe and very kid friendly (although aren't most smoothie recipes?).  My daughter loved it and asked for seconds, which was unfortunate for me since this recipe only makes enough for one big smoothie.  Perhaps she was relieved that it wasn't green for once? ;)

Chia Pineapple Banana Smoothie
Ingredients
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 frozen banana
sugar to taste (I used 2 tsp)

Directions
1. Combine chia seeds and the water and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (I got lazy and mine was in the refrigerator for almost 2 days).  It will get thick and look like a gel.

2. Add the chia "gel" and the rest of the ingredients together in a blender.  Blend until well mixed.


This is her working hard at sucking it out face. :)  She liked it though!
My daughter and I thought it was fabulous, even better than our usual smoothies.  The baby kept asking for bites of mine which is fine because it's a very appropriate baby/toddler food (go easy on the sugar though).

Anyone else have "cha-cha-cha-chia" in their head after reading this? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment