HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Simple Teacher Appreciation Gift

Believe it or not my oldest has been on summer break for almost 3 weeks already.  We start and finish early here in the Valley of the Sun.  I wish they stayed in school longer because it gets SO hot and it will be 115 when they start this August.  But I digress.

For the end of the school year I sent a simple teacher appreciation gift.  I had seen SO many fabulous and somewhat complicated ideas on Pinterest but since we'd just had Teacher Appreciation Week a couple weeks before I decided to go simple.



The last day of school my daughter brought in this flower and a flower-themed card that said "Thanks for Helping Me Bloom".  Although I thought of that sweet little ditty all by myself I am sure that I am not the first one to connect a "bloom" card with flowers.  But hey, it is still sweet and easy.

I bought the flowers at Home Depot and added them to a pretty pot.  If you want to get more fancy you could have your child make a flower card using their hand print (or tracing) to make a bloom.  I didn't have time for that but I did have her write a little something inside.

I'll intend on doing something more creative next year, but who am I kidding.  It was so crazy the last day of school here that I actually missed picking up my daughter from the bus stop.  On her last day.  Nice.  So most likely next year's teacher will get the same exact gift.  

But I'll make sure to pick up my daughter.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment