HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Key Lime Ice-Cream Recipe

Our latest ice-cream flavor is key-lime.  Not only was this flavor rich, creamy and flavorful but it also required no cooking!  No eggs, no custard, just mix, chill, blend and freeze.  Perfect.  I imagine this is one of those ice-cream recipes that you could make without a ice-cream maker.  You'd just need to keep stirring it every 20-30 minutes (manually) as it freezes.  Just a thought.

You could also make it key lime-pie by adding some graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs to your bowl.  I didn't have any in the house (shocking I know since I have children) so I ate it plain, with berries or with meringues on top.  Yummy!!

Key Lime Ice-Cream

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 4 to 6 graham crackers, for garnish

Directions

Mix ingredients together and refrigerate until cold. Pour into ice cream maker and mix for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to another container and cover tightly with a lid (I like glass containers, they fit nicely in my freezer). Place in freezer for several hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment