HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, July 7, 2012

My baby still sleeps in the closet.

I have a confession to make.  My baby still sleeps in the closet.  Back when she was about 4-5 months old I moved her from our bed to our closet.  She wasn't sleeping much next to me but I wasn't ready to move her in with her big-sister either.  It was a pretty good solution since she was up many times a night and the closet was oh-so-close.



Well fast forward 6 months and she's still there.  She gets up 1-2x a night and it's so much easier just walking to the closet.  The closet is also very dark which makes naps in our very sunny arizona afternoons more successful.  I switch her to a bigger bed (pack-and-play) once she outgrew the co-sleeper.  That actually helped her sleep better too, I think she needed the extra room.


I never thought I'd have an almost 1 year old in my closet.  She has this perfectly lovely crib that is oh-so neglected.  At this rate it may be a toddler bed before she sleeps in it.


Just kidding, I have big plans to move her when she turns one.  Which is in oh..like 2 weeks.  Hmmm, I'll keep you posted.


Another confession: We're on a "vacation" (ha - anything with kids isn't a vacation) right now and I am missing our closet.  Let's just say sleep isn't part of her itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment