HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chicken with Creamy Pesto Sauce

Sometimes you just want creamy sauce on your chicken, am I right?  I had a box of cherry tomatoes and some pesto in the refrigerator so I decided to whip up a sauce for my chicken.  It turned out pretty great and received high praise from my 5 year old.


Chicken with Creamy Pesto Sauce
Ingredients 
1 tbsp olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8-10oz (about 1 small pack) cherry tomatoes
1-2 tbsp pesto
3 Tbsp Sour Cream
3 Tbsp Heavy Cream

Directions
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.  Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of color. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12­-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Season all over with a little salt and pepper.
2. Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften.
then either:
Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and sour cream/heavy cream until it makes a sauce.
or:
Put the pesto and sour cream/heavy cream in a small pan and cook until heated, being careful that it doesn't boil.

Serve the chicken and sauce over rice or noodles.  I used angel hair and cooked my sauce separately for those in my family (ahem, my husband) that do not appreciate pesto as much as me and my 5 year old.

Note: I used pesto made from my easy mustard greens pesto recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment