HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easy Waffle Recipe

Sometimes I am unable to come up with a new dinner idea, or even think of something to look up.  On those (usually hectic) nights I resort to making Brinner.  In case you didn't know brinner = breakfast for dinner.

I may serve eggs and bacon, pancakes or even cinnamon rolls.  This week I decided to pull out the dusty and usually forgotten waffle maker.  I love to eat waffles, I just hate to make them.  It takes forever and I can't be bothered.  I decided to go for it that particular night because I remembered that my sister-in-law had given me a "easy" waffle recipe.  And easy it is!

So next time you're stumped for a dinner idea give breakfast a try.


Easy Waffle Recipe
Ingredients
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil (I used olive)
1 3/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg whites

Directions
1. Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil in a small bowl.  Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-large sized bowl.  Add the two bowls together.
2. Beat the egg whites (until stiff), then fold into the mix right before you are ready to put it in the iron.

I added whip cream and berries to my waffles.  The whip cream was made by combining heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla.  I found the directions here.

Love Waffles?  Here are two more recipes:
Apple Cider Waffles
Goodnight Waffles (need to plan ahead for this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment