HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream


Doesn't that look lovely?  It's ice-cream season here in AZ again (although some could argue it is year round) and with the 80-90 spring temps I've pulled out my ice-cream maker.  I have an attachment for my KitchenAid mixer and it works wonderfully.

I decided to start off the new year of ice-cream with a new recipe.  I have the best book, The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.  Ah, the spring and summer are going to be delicious!

First up, Chocolate Raspberry ice cream.  I called it chocolate raspberry truffle because it is so smooth and rich with a slight tart from the raspberries, ah, just like a truffle!  This recipe makes only 3 cups so you may want to double the recipe because it goes fast!

Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream from The Perfect Scoop by Lavid Lebovitz
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
5 tablespoons unsweetened dutch-process cocoa powder
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen

Directions
1. Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder and sugar in a large saucepan.  Heat the mixture, whisking frequently until it comes to a full rolling boil (about 10 minutes for me, it will start to foam up).  Remove from heat and add the raspberries (I used frozen).  Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender.  You can press the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds if you want, I didn't take the time and enjoyed the little seedy crunch here and there. 
3. Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze using your ice-cream maker.  After mixing in my attachment for 15 minutes I put the ice cream in the freezer (in a glass container) overnight to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment