HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Easy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe

Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables but unfortunately my family doesn't agree with me.  I am always trying to find new ways to make it attractive but it's still a struggle.  I prefer it steamed or pureed so that it looks just like mashed potatoes but I thought I'd mix it up and try something new and easy.  I roasted a head of cauliflower before but this time I added a couple simple ingredients and hey, you can't go wrong with garlic right?


Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic
Ingredients 
1 head of cauliflower
2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
4 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut up the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and place on a cookie sheet or baking pan.  Drizzle the olive oil on top and toss with a spoon or spatula to coat.  Go easy on the olive oil as too much can make the cauliflower soggy.  Sprinkle the top with the garlic and onion.

Cook until crispy or the texture you prefer.  20 minutes will make them cooked but not crispy, 30+ for toasty/crispy.  The smaller the bite size the easier they are to crisp up.  Keep checking so that you don't burn them!

Other Roasted Vegetable Ideas
Roasted Garlic with Broccoli and Pine Nuts
Roasted Nopales (prickly pear cactus pads)
Roasted Okra
Roasted Turnip Chips
Roasted Zucchini, Mushrooms and Onions (my favorite!!)
Roasted Green Bean "Fries"

No comments:

Post a Comment