HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How to Make Fancy Ramen

True confession time, I haven't been cooking new recipes much lately.  I think I'm in a bit of a rut.  I start my days strong with healthy vegetable fruit smoothies but by the evening I'm phoning-it-in with tried and true/easy recipes.

There have even been afternoons where I've "gasp" pulled out Ramen.  Now in my defense we are still eating special authentic Ramen, the kind you purchase in Japan rather than the kind college kids eat at midnight while cramming for exams.  But it's still fried noodles. ;)


I decided to fancy up my Ramen and make attempts to have it at least look a bit more healthy, you know with veggies and protein.  It's pretty simple, here's what I did.

Step 1: Boil water in 2 different saucepans; one for the noodles and one for your egg/shrimp.

Step 2: In pot #1 as soon as the water is hot and almost boiling put the shrimp in.  Cook until pink then remove and put into the bowl your soup is going in.

Step 3: In pot #1 now add a raw egg, oh so gently and make sure the water isn't boiling too hard.  Use a spoon to keep the egg together.  You'll cook it for about 5 minutes, depending on how soft you like it.

Step 4: Meanwhile start cooking your noodles in pot #2.  

While everything is cooking add some green onion pieces to the bowl (where the shrimp is hanging out).

Step 5: Add the completed noodles/broth to the bowl and carefully place the egg on top.  Ta-da, you have Fancy Ramen.

Feel proud, perhaps take a photo and put it on Instagram.  I won't judge you! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic. I won't lie, I still crave the Ramen of my college years from time to time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you need a little MSG. ;) I won't judge!! Hey, you could even add some kale in there.

      Delete