HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Apricot-Coriander Roast Chicken Recipe

If you've read my blog for awhile you may think I get all of my recipes from Pinterest.  You may even have wondered from time to time what my family must have eaten before last year! ;)  To be honest our meals were pretty bland: meat-rice-veggie.  However, I did have a few good recipes and this is one of them.  It is an easy way to make roast chicken.  It is one of those recipes that looks a lot harder than it actually is.  It's a sure way to impress dinner guests on the cheap.  I got this organic chicken on sale for only $3!

If you don't have apricot jam you could also use orange marmalade, or be creative and try something like mint jam.  Let me know how that turns out.  I've only used apricot or orange marmalade myself.


Apricot Coriander Roast Chicken with red onions
Ingredients
1 whole chicken (make sure there are no giblets inside!)
2 large red onions, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
1/3 cup apricot marmalade
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp ground coriander
salt and pepper

Directions
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Arrange the onions on the bottom of a roasting pan.  Place the chicken on top and tuck the wings under the body (notice I forgot that part this time, whoops - toasty wings).
2. In a small bowl combine the marmalade, oil, coriander, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Spread the mixture over the chicken and roast until cooked through, about a 1hr 15 min (just make sure it's 165 degrees F inside).
3. Transfer the chicken and onions to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes.  Cut and serve!
*Optional 4. Strain the pan drippings into a bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.  Skim the fat from the surface and discard.  Serve the chicken and onions with the remaining juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment