HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Confessions of a diaper swisher.

Yes, it's true.  I must confess that I have become a dreaded (cloth) diaper swisher.  Not just here and there but pretty much everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.  Sigh.  Remember when I said that I would never swish diapers and even added a proud "yuck".  Well those days are over.  Turns out kids are different, who knew?

Warning: Don't read any further if you aren't interested in cloth diapering or poop removal.  Ha!

With Baby #1 I never ever needed to swish.  She had these lovely little poops that just fell into the toilet and in which my oh-so-tidy disposable liners worked fabulously with.  Baby #2 is a different baby.  I had no idea!  She is a pooper, many times a day and let's just say not-so-tidy.  I think it's because she is a super eater and eats everything, including lots of fruit and beans.  Anyway, this equals more of a diaper mess if you know-what-I-mean.  Those disposable liners help but don't help it all.  And wouldn't you know the times I don't put one in is when she poops.

Sigh.  So here's what I'm doing to adapt.  First, I toilet swish.  It's not so bad, especially if I'm just swishing the snap in liners (or covers) in my goodmama fitteds or the snap in liners in my Best Bottoms.  It gets a bit more complicated and hands-on when it's in a AIO.

I've found that my homemade micro fleece liners are VERY helpful.  I used them in almost every diaper now while before I saved them for when we used diaper cream, or for overnights (to keep her feeling more dry).   I highly recommend purchasing or making your own washable fleece liners.  They are a lot easier to swish then the entire diaper. :)



I spray each diaper with Bac Out before putting it in the diaper can.  I also sprinkle my homemade diaper pail deodorizer in the can on a more frequent basis these days.

Whew, glad I got that off my chest.


Baby girl wearing a goodmama fitted.

Keep Calm and Diaper On!


For more Info on Cloth Diapering check out:

Diaper Liner Reviews
and make your own diaper pail deodorizer

No comments:

Post a Comment