HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pico de Gallo - just like Chipotle

When life gives you tomatoes, make Pico de Gallo!  We had three big heirloom tomatoes in our CSA this weekend so it seemed like a good time to make salsa.  We are huge fans of Chipotle.  In fact you can find us eating dinner there every friday night.  So, I decided that I'd try my hand at copying their mild salsa.  It turned out pretty well if I do-say-so-myself.

Pico de Gallo - Chipotle copy-cat recipe

Ingredients
3 medium-large tomatoes, diced
1/2 a large onion, diced
1/4 bunch of cilantro (or whatever you prefer)
juice of 1 small lemon
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt

Directions
Wash tomatoes and cilantro.  Dice tomatoes and onions.  Chop cilantro.  Put ingredients in a bowl.  Add salt, garlic and lemon juice.  Mix and serve.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! And tell me next time you guys head up there for lunch..I will even throw a costume on Kate if need be!

    ReplyDelete