HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fairy Princess Party - Decorations and Food


My daughter had her 5th Birthday last month and we celebrated it with a Fairy Princess Themed Birthday Party.  I've already blogged about the Cupcakes and the Party Games so I thought I'd finish up by showing the decorations and food.

First up, the invite. Since we had a girl-boy party her invite read: "Princesses and Princes come celebrate with us and wear your favorite Groom, Prince, Princess, Fairy or regular clothes".  This was my daughter's wording, she wanted to be flexible, ha!  Since her birthday is right before Halloween we've had costume parties the last couple of years, this was just a more specific (but still flexible) version of that.

There were many fairies and princesses at the party.  For those that didn't have wings or wands we passed them out as party-favors/game prizes.  Even the little ones had wings or wands!  The boys got superhero capes and masks.

The birthday-girl's outfit doubled as a birthday present.  I bought the fairy dress on Zuilly, the wings and wand were an after-Halloween sale (last year) and the matching tiara was $2 at Target.  She loved it and it is a regular dress-up outfit now.



A couple months before the party I found these Fairy-themed birthday decorations at TJMaxx. It included a banner, cake (or in our case cupcake) stand, centerpiece decoration and cupcake toppers.  The centerpiece was a bit tricky to put together but it is so lovely and set the party mood with hanging and moving fairies (they moved via magnets).  The banner can double as a bedroom decoration once I get around to hanging it up.  It was really well made.  The other nice thing about these decorations is that they folded right back up and I can use them for another party or occasion in the future!

Here is a closer view of the cupcake toppers.  How sweet are they?  Little bits of tulle and everything!

I mentioned the Pin-the-wand on Tinkerbell in my games post, but I wanted to add it here since it doubled as a decoration.  And as I said before it is currently decorating the door in her bedroom!

 
Balloons are an easy (and cheap) way to decorate.  We bought 5 balloons (since she's five) with princesses and tinkerbell on them.  5 for $5 at the dollar store!  They continued to be popular at our house and are still flying around.

The party was from 10-12 so I wanted to have food towards the end.  Instead of having buffet style I made all the kids sack lunches with their names on them.  The bags included chips, applesauce (squeeze so no spoons), juice boxes and a prize (different ones for girls/boys).  I made sandwiches and let the kids pick one (pb&j or meat/cheese, just a fyi they all wanted meat/cheese!).  The lunches were a big hit with the parents and it was much easier for me!  If I could do it again I'd decorate the bags with themed stickers/stamps.  Just to make it a little more Fairy-Princess'ish.

For the chocolate cupcake recipe go here.
For the list of Fairy-Princess Party Games go here.

It was a fun party but I'm relieved to have a few months off now before the next birthday rolls around!


No comments:

Post a Comment