HomeVintage Fisher PriceMy Etsy ShopCategoriesAbout

Friday, June 24, 2016

Fisher Price Friday - Oh Where Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone


My youngest has a birthday coming up next month and I'm slowly collecting gifts to give her, some are of course vintage toys. :)  Now I'm not sure that we exactly need another Fisher Price Music Box Pocket radio...but they're so cute that it's hard to resist.

We already have the following pocket radio music boxes, but hey, what's one more?

Jack and Jill #722
Small World Pocket Radio #746
12 Days of Christmas Music Box #756
The Mulberry Bush pocket radio #758
Raindrops Pocket Radio #762
I Whistle A Happy Tune Pocket Radio #763
I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing #766



Now back to our newest addition, it's the #766 Oh Where Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone.  Made between 1968-1970 it was one of the earlier pocket radios made.  Interestingly it has the same toy number as the later #766 I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing, but this one came first!

Like the other pocket radios the box is made of plastic with a wooden back that is covered by lithographs.  It is carried by a white and orange vinyl strap. This case is a butter yellow with orange edges and details.  Mine is a bit worn out but not too bad for its almost 50 years!

The music box has pictures of an orange cat sitting on a fence with flowers bellow and clouds above on one side.  The other side has green grass, a green tree with fruit (and a small bird) and a flower.


The back has two children, a ginger boy and a raven haired girl who are looking for their dog (of course!).  They just need to look behind them because the spotted dog is nearby chasing a butterfly.

I love the colors on this box and my daughter will love the pink accents and of course the black and white dog that looks a little like ours. 

Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

Oh where, Oh where
can he be?
With his ears cut short
and his tail cut long.
Oh where, Oh where,
can he be?

Even the bottom of the case has lithographs of beautiful colorful flowers.  I love the detail!

To see more of the photos going by as it plays check out the video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment